In case anyone is interested in my "process" for getting unstuck, here's what I've done to deal with it:
|original image at http://www.moviechopshop.com|
- Even when I feel stuck, I write every day. I don't shut the computer down until I add something to the manuscript.
- I keep a pen and notebook handy everywhere I go and write down ideas as they come to me. Even if they're ideas for other books.
- I tried some new recipes: crepes at midnight and caramel cupcakes last night. (We love carbs in my household).
- Knitting the other sock in a pair. Totally screwing up the cast-on. I'll need to fix it later.
- Checked out way more books from the library than I can possibly finish in a whole summer.
- Got back in touch with my vain twit and read all the make-up tips in Lucky
- Went out for drinks with my husband on Friday and headed to the theater to watch Fast Five with a very goofy audience
- Watched Beauty and the Beast again for the first time in over 10 years.